Tuesday, May 12, 2009

artists #7


The above piece is entitled "Light Rain" by new media artist Paul De Marinis. I found this work in search of artists who created projects using viewer interaction, be it active or passive. I am truly inspired by artists who produce installations that involve everyday objects and occur in everyday locations. I feel that in order to visualize these projects, the artist must truly see the world in a way that is different from the average person. I have been trying to research this type of art making, because I do not have any experience working this way, and up to this point I had only thought about my art in the 2-D sense. Even when it came to digital art, I had no experience working with 3-D images or animation. However, I don't know that I am very interested in creating art this way. I am much more of a throwback designer, enjoying more tactile ways of creating (collage with scissors, charcoal all over the hands, etc). I do however realize that this is where art and the world in general is headed, therefore I enjoy learning digital techniques and hope to resolve a way to use physical and digital media together.

No comments:

Post a Comment