Friday, March 13, 2009

scrapbook 3



This item was given to me by a friend, it is a pair of ceramic elephant S&P shakers. She purchased it from a home decor organization that provides fair trade products from all over the world. This item draws my attention not only because I like the design, but also because I know that it's purchase helped do some good in the world.
This item is regarded as another mundane household item, yet knowing that it helped do some good in the world means that it deserves a little more of our attention. It may not be art, but I consider it beautiful and it makes dinner a little more fun.
It is interesting that many of my scrapbook items were given to me by other people, I think that makes me look a little more fondly and reflective on those items.

No comments:

Post a Comment